Susan Thistle talks about “The Memory of All That: A Love Story about Alzheimer’s”, by Mary MacCracken, and finishing this book for her mother, who died before completing it. It’s a story of unconditional love. Susan shares the following nuggets about dealing with Alzheimer’s or other hard times.
– you can’t handle it all by yourself
– look for support
– be supportive of each other
– believe in each other
– be part of small gatherings
– have great loving relationships
– encourage and believe in what others do
– break problems in small pieces
– try to be resourceful
– think about what you can do
– set up supports you may need early on
The book has recently been selected as a 2022 Sarton Women’s Book Award Finalist for Best Memoir.
tags: Susan, Thistle, Mary, MacCracken, The, Memory, of, All, That, A, Love, Story, about Alzheimer’s, story, stories, that, empower, empowering, empowerment, inspire, inspiring, inspiration, encourage, encouraging, encouragement, hope, light, podcast, Sean, https://storiesthatempower.com