Jeffrey struggled to provide high end portrait photography in a small country town. One day, a lady told him “I don’t have the luxury of worrying about my children’s memory. I’m struggling to pay for rent this month.” Jeffrey realized, that by providing a luxury product, he was speaking his language (or lingo) to the wrong audience and that you can’t convince someone to value something they don’t hold. He set about on a journey to study his target audience and reinvented himself. Jeffrey uses his intuition as a photographer in his current passion as a branding and marketing consultant. He shares these powerful nuggets of life and business wisdom:
– surround yourself with people that value who you are
– share time and experience with people that share your values
– have empathy and understanding of the people that you wish to serve
– put yourself in the shoes of those you wish to serve, without judgement
– as we head towards a world of higher technology, we are likely to crave more humanity and empathy
– we choose to connect with those who take the time to express empathy and understanding for who they are
– our clients need to know that we ‘get them’
– determine what emotionally triggers your clients to say yes and be loyal to a brand and how did the brand honor that loyalty and keep those customers
– businesses need to evolve quickly emotionally as the values of society change
– ask your clients “what drives you crazy”, this can become the catalyst for the work that you do
Having a keen eye isn’t just for what one sees, but also for what one senses. Having been one of the most sought after portrait photographers in the U.S. for more than three decades, Jeffrey Shaw, a.k.a. the Lingo Guy, uses this honed intuition to teach entrepreneurs how to attract their ideal customers by speaking their Secret Language.
Jeffrey is host of the popular business podcast Creative Warriors, a nationally acclaimed keynote speaker, a TEDx speaker, a business coach for entrepreneurs, and author of the bestselling book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer’s Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible.
tags: Jeffrey, Shaw, Lingo, Creative, Warriors, podcast,
branding, marketing, consultant, author, photographer, coach, trainer, TEDx, speaker, podcaster, entrepreneur, storiesthatempower.com, stories that empower, empowering stories, empowerment stories, stories of empowerment, stories of empowering others, self empowerment stories, stories empower, inspire, inspiring, inspiration, uplift, uplifting, upliftment, hope, light, Sean